About the APS College of Organisational Psychologists
The Workplace Excellence Awards are proudly presented by the APS College of Organisational Psychologists
The Australian Psychological Society (APS) is the leading organisation for psychologists in Australia, representing over 23,000 members.
The APS strongly advocates for the discipline and profession of psychology, supports high standards for the profession, promotes psychological knowledge to enhance community wellbeing, and is dedicated to providing benefits to support members’ professional lives.
The College of Organisational Psychologists is one of nine colleges representing specialty areas within the profession.
About Organisational Psychology
Organisational Psychology is the science of people at work. Organisational psychologists specialise in analysing organisations and their people, and devising strategies to recruit, motivate, develop, change and inspire.
A psychologically healthy workplace equals a successful organisation, and organisational psychology provides the solutions to achieve this.
About the College
The APS College of Organisational Psychologists (COP) is the professional association of psychologists who specialise in working with organisations, teams and individual employees to improve their motivation, effectiveness and productivity.
The College represents and promotes organisational psychology as a discipline. The College:
- Represents the needs of organisational psychologists to the APS, Psychologist Registration Boards and Government in relation to applicable legislation, regulation and policies
- Promotes in the media and publications the many ways that organisational psychologists add value to businesses and their people
- Provides professional development activities for keeping organisational psychologists up to date with the latest advances in science and practice
- Provides networking opportunities to organisational psychologists to help them accelerate their careers, enhance their practices, and build a more interconnected organisational psych community
- Advances the scientific study of organisational psychology by encouraging research, and fostering closer relationships between academics and practitioners
- Ensures members demonstrate high standards of professional and ethical practice
- Acts as a contact point for queries about the profession of organisational psychology