About the APS College of Organisational Psychologists
The Workplace Excellence Awards are proudly presented by the APS College of Organisational Psychologists
The Australian Psychological Society (APS) is the leading organisation for psychologists in Australia, representing over 22,000 members, and is the largest of all non-medical health professionals organisations in Australia.
The APS strongly advocates for the discipline and profession of psychology, supports high standards for the profession, promotes psychological knowledge to enhance community wellbeing, and is dedicated to providing benefits to support members’ professional lives.
The functions of the APS are conducted through more than 201 active member groups within the Society, led by approximately 1,000 volunteers. The College of Organisational Psychologists is one of nine colleges representing specialty areas within the profession, alongside the Division of General Psychological Practice. There are also 40 branches of the APS across the country and a growing number of interest groups.
About the College
The APS College of Organisational Psychologists (COP) is the professional association of psychologists who specialise in working with organisations, teams and individual employees to improve their motivation, effectiveness and productivity.
The College represents and promotes organisational psychology as a discipline. The College:
- Represents the needs of organisational psychologists to the APS, Psychologist Registration Boards and Government in relation to applicable legislation, regulation and policies
- Promotes in the media and publications the many ways that organisational psychologists add value to businesses and their people
- Provides professional development activities for keeping organisational psychologists up to date with the latest advances in science and practice
- Provides networking opportunities to organisational psychologists to help them accelerate their careers, enhance their practices, and build a more interconnected organisational psych community
- Advances the scientific study of organisational psychology by encouraging research, and fostering closer relationships between academics and practitioners
- Ensures members demonstrate high standards of professional and ethical practice
- Acts as a contact point for queries about the profession of organisational psychology